The 40 million people of Shanxi have mercifully been spared the worst of the current COVID-19 outbreak, and nearly all of our people have been able to remain in Shanxi during this time. Many aspects of life in Shanxi are already returning to normal, though travel and public gatherings are still restricted. While we recognize that changes to international travel restrictions are likely to affect in unpredictable ways those wishing to participate in our work, we are currently hopeful that Evergreen’s various projects will be operating “normally” by the summer, and are planning accordingly. If you are interested in joining in Evergreen’s work in the coming months please contact us early to discuss options.
Elementary School Teacher for SEIS:
A certified elementary school teacher is currently needed for Shanxi Evergreen International Students (SEIS). In this uniquely rewarding educational environment, teachers are intimately engaged in training and molding Evergreen’s youngest cross-cultural workers while also enabling their parents to more fully invest in their work in the local community. Please contact us if you would like to serve in this integral position. Some financial assistance is available. Click here for more information about SEIS.
The core of our organization lies with those who will immerse themselves in the language, culture, and history of this great country. We welcome qualified Christian professionals in the following areas:
- Elementary school teachers (certified K-8)
- English teachers
- Health care professionals
- Business Entrepreneurs
- Mental health professionals
- Occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, and physical therapists
2 weeks to 2 months
We welcome those who can help provide expertise for a variety of short-term projects. All volunteers must have sufficient financial support and international medical insurance.
- English speakers with teaching experience to help with activities at community center and Joy in the Journey summer camp in July and August and winter camp for 2 weeks in January or February (click here for current JJ Camp dates)
- Childcare teams to provide a children’s program for our annual retreats in May and September
- Mental health professionals with Mandarin language ability who can provide training for Shalom Family Services
- Pediatric occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, and physical therapists to serve the children of the SOAR Village during our biannual assessment times in April and October
Please contact the Evergreen International Office with inquiries about any opportunity to join us!