The 40 million people of Shanxi have mercifully been spared the worst of the current COVID-19 outbreak, and nearly all of our people have been able to remain in Shanxi during this time. While we recognize that changes to international travel restrictions are likely to affect in unpredictable ways those wishing to participate in our work, especially as the borders to China are still closed to foreigners, we are currently hopeful that Evergreen’s various projects will be operating “normally” at some point in the near future, and are planning accordingly and adapting as needed. If you are currently in China and are interested in joining in Evergreen’s work in the coming months please contact us early to discuss options. For anyone outside of the country, all opportunities to join our work are temporarily on hold until new visas are being issued again to visitors, but please contact us if you have any questions.
Educators for SEIS:
Evergreen has an ongoing need for educators and education specialists for our Shanxi Evergreen International Students (SEIS). In this uniquely rewarding educational environment, our teacher team is intimately engaged in training and molding Evergreen’s youngest cross-cultural workers while also enabling their parents to more fully invest in their work in the local community. There may also be other opportunities in the Evergreen community to use your skills and gifts. Please contact us for more information. Click here for more information about SEIS.
The core of our organization lies with those who will immerse themselves in the language, culture, and history of this great country. We welcome qualified Christian professionals in the following areas:
- Elementary school teachers (certified K-8)
- English teachers
- Health care professionals
- Business Entrepreneurs
- Mental health professionals
- Occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, and physical therapists
2 weeks to 2 months
We welcome those who can help provide expertise for a variety of short-term projects. All volunteers must have sufficient financial support and international medical insurance.
- English speakers with teaching experience to help with activities at the Joy in the Journey summer camp in July and August and winter camp for 2 weeks in January or February (click here for current JJ Camp dates)
- Childcare teams to provide a children’s program for our annual retreats in May and September
- Mental health professionals with Mandarin language ability who can provide training for Shalom Family Services
Please contact the Evergreen International Office with inquiries about any opportunity to join us!