A certified elementary school teacher is urgently needed for Shanxi Evergreen International School (SEIS) for the 2017-18 school year and beyond! In this uniquely rewarding educational environment, teachers are intimately engaged in training and molding Evergreen’s youngest cross-cultural workers while also enabling their parents to more fully invest in their work in the local community. Please contact us if you would like to serve in this integral position. Some financial assistance is available. Click here for more information about SEIS.
Community Center Teacher – two opportunities!
We are looking for friendly, energetic, native-English speaking, experienced teachers who are interested in being a light in our community by teaching English to children ages 6-13 in Yangqu, Shanxi, China. We have 2 great opportunities available! For inquiries or to apply, contact us (Attn: Christy Taylor).
- Short-term English Teacher
- Minimum 3-week commitment, maximum 6 weeks July 10 to August 18
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Responsibilities include teaching 3 hours per day, plus lesson prep.
- Substitute English Teacher
- Minimum 9-month commitment from September 2017 – June 2018
- Teaching experience required, including lesson planning
- Responsibilities include lesson planning for classes; teaching English on evenings/weekends (once a week, 2 hours each class: one class grades 1-3 and one class grades 4-6; bi-weekly: one class grades 1-6 and an English corner ages 8-18).
- Meet the application requirements for Evergreen short-term volunteers
- Financially self-supporting
- Enjoy working with children ages 6-13
- Willingness to live in a small town, rural setting where flexibility is key
- Overseas living experience preferred, but not required
English Teaching Facilitator for Summer 2017:
The Yangqu Community Center is looking for an English Teaching Facilitator from July 10-August 18 during the summer English camp for local students grades 1-6. Class times daily from 1-5pm with each class being 2 hours long. Needed: experience teaching cross-culturally, Mandarin/English language ability, and a willingness to offer ideas or suggestions to teachers and interpreters, as needed. Responsibilities: facilitate teachers by observing teaching, be available during class times for questions/problems that may arise, and aid in communication between CC staff/translators and expat teachers. For inquiries or to apply, contact us (Attn: Christy Taylor).
The core of our organization lies with those who will immerse themselves in the language, culture, and history of this great country. We welcome qualified Christian professionals in the following areas:
- Elementary school teachers (certified K-8)
- English teachers
- Medical doctors and public health professionals
- Mental health professionals
- Occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, and physical therapists
2 weeks to 2 months
We welcome those who can help provide expertise for a variety of short-term projects. All volunteers must have sufficient financial support and international medical insurance.
- English teachers for community center classes and Joy in the Journey summer camp in July and August and winter camp for 2 weeks in January or February
- Pediatric occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, and physical therapists to serve the children of the SOAR Village during our biannual assessment times in March and October
- Childcare teams to provide a children’s program for our annual retreats in September and April
- Mental health professionals with Mandarin language ability who can provide training for Shalom Family Services
We are also able to offer opportunities for 3rd and 4th year medical students to come for an elective clinical rotation with the medical team. Some Mandarin language ability is required.
Please contact the Evergreen International Office with inquiries about any opportunity to join us!