Excellence: striving to do all things with high standards
Integrity: valuing honesty, consistency and transparency
Faithfulness: recognizing God’s faithfulness to us, responding with faithfulness to His calling in our lives
Teamwork: striving to put the best interests of the team first, expecting active participation of team members
Local Appropriateness and Sustainability: being and doing what is appropriate to the local situation, and seeking effective local leadership, ownership and management
Evergreen is more than just an organization; it is our way of living in China. We strive to maintain the following distinctives in our day-to-day professional and personal lives.
- We work with the local government to maximize impact and sustainability.
- We support the local registered church and church leaders.
- We are committed to long-term programs and workers.
- We work alongside local colleagues to empower them in locally appropriate endeavors.
- We strive toward local sustainability in all areas of professional service, which includes facilitating effective local ownership, leadership and management.
- We seek to live an integrated and whole Christian life, serving the Lord through our work.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- the HOLY SCRIPTURES as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- ONE GOD, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- Our LORD JESUS CHRIST, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory;
- the SALVATION of the lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit;
- the HOLY SPIRIT, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ;
- the UNITY OF THE SPIRIT of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ;
- and the RESURRECTION of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.